7 tips to getting more sales and leads without the cookie cutter approach
Does a cookie cutter approach work? There are so many great webinars and coaches who've got a lot of tips and secrets they share to help businesses thrive. However, no solution works for every business.
Oftentimes when you are given a cookie cutter solution it doesn’t work. Maybe it doesn’t feel like a perfect fit or it doesn’t feel like the right solution to your specific situation. And this is true. The foundations of business may be alike but business is unique in their own ways. This makes a cookie cutter solution a bad idea. What you need is a Business Strategy that is tailored just for you, your business, and your team.
What is a Business Strategy:
A business Strategy is an outline of steps that you can take for your business to grow and prosper. It is a tailored framework that works for you, your business, and your team.
Your business strategy doesn’t have to be fixed. It can be flexible, changeable, and adjustable according to your specific products, services, and business as a whole. Create your business strategy in the way that works for your businesses. It can focus on your strengths and work along with them. It can focus on identifying your weaknesses and improving them. Or it can be a combination. As long as it is formulated according to what works for you and not on what works for others.
Remember, your business strategy is for you, your business, and your team not for any other business. Don’t squeeze your business into what works for others. Only use what others are doing as a guide, then make the necessary changes so it can work for you.
Tips for creating the Business Strategy that works for you:
- Understand what you want your business to look like. What do you want your business to become, to be known for, and to look like after a certain period of time.
- Be clear on what you, your business, and your team wants your business to become.do you want it to be focused solely on you or do you want it to be streamlined and automated.
- Note down the values of your business and your team. If this is not clear it will be difficult for all of you to drive towards the goal as a whole. You will all end up heading to different directions without actually reaching any goals.
- Do the swot analysis. Find out what's working and what's not. Turn off what's not and turn up what is.
- Identify what works for you, your business and your team and focus on it. If social media, blogs, or emails don't work for you drop it. If collaboration, building connections, and partnership generates leads for you, then focus more on that.
- Track what works and what doesn’t based on your Key Success Indicators. The Key Success Indicators for each business is going to be different. Again the cookie cutter approach doesn’t work here. It can be based on your sales, or your connection, or the number of your presentations. It all depends on you and your business.
- Adjust and action. Adjust what is not working and take action on it from a place that feels good for you based on the vision and values of your business.
Finally, don't do things in your business that you don't feel like or are uncomfortable with. If it makes you feel drained, if you are not enjoying it, and if it is not working drop it. It may work for others but that doesn’t necessarily mean it's gonna work for you. And the only way you’re gonna know if it works for you or not is by tracking it and tracking your Key Success Indicators.
If you are currently in a dilemma where you were given a solution that many have tried and used yet it doesn’t seem to work for you, connect with me. I’d love to have a chat with you and help you make the necessary adjustments so you can have a Business Strategy that is uniquely tailored just for you, your business, and your team.